IFCS 2019 – First Announcement and Call for Papers
The 2019 conference of the International Federation of Classification Societies (IFCS) will be held in Thessaloniki, Greece from August 26 to 29, 2019. The conference theme will be ‘Data Analysis and Rationality in a Complex World’. On August 26, pre-conference workshops will be held. The conference itself will start on August 27 in the morning and will close on August 29 with a full day conference program and a conference dinner. The conference will include a President’s invited session and a Presidential address invited presentations, invited and contributed sessions, and poster sessions. The following awards and medals ceremony will be scheduled at the conference.
- Helga and Wolfgang Gaul Stiftung Award (age < 30)
- Chikio Hayashi Award (age 30-35)
- IFCS Research Medal for outstanding research achievements (age > 35)
- Student/Postdoctoral Fellow Paper Competition and Travel Award (age 22 – 29)
The conference venue will be announced soon.
Contributed papers from scholars and practitioners are invited on any of the topics below as well as on related issues:
Data Analysis and Classification in the Natural Sciences, Engineering, Medicine and Biology / Banking and Finance / Bioinformatics and Biostatistics / Biomedical Data Analysis and Imaging / Business and Industry / Classification, Discriminant Analysis, and Supervised Learning / Clustering and Unsupervised Learning / Complex Event Processing / Data Analysis in Archaeology / Databionics / Exploratory Data Mining / Formal Concept Analysis / Functional Data Analysis / Geospatial Planning / Graphics and Vision / High-Dimensional Data and Dimension Reduction / Image Analysis and Computer Vision / Information Retrieval and Library Science / Impact of Technical Revolution, Globalization on Statistical Process / Knowledge Discovery / Linguistics and Musicology / Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition / Marketing and Management / Medical and Health Sciences / Neural Networks and Deep Learning / Psychology and Educational Sciences / Social Network Analysis / Sparse Modeling / Statistical Data Analysis, Statistical Models and Model Selection / Swarm Systems / Symbolic Data Analysis / Text Mining, Web Mining, and Ontology Learning / Visualization
In addition, plenary lectures and conference sessions will focus on the following topics:
- a) theoretical aspects and applications of data analysis methods and classification methodology in various scientific fields, b) organizing, analysing and visualizing official data, and c) needs and insights of statistical education. Particular emphasis will be placed on multidisciplinary approaches for social and health sciences, mathematics, informatics, humanities, and science.
Submission of Abstracts
Titles and abstracts should be submitted and uploaded via the conference website by April 15, 2019. All abstracts will be subject to a peer review process. Notifications of acceptance will be sent by May 15, 2019.
- November 1, 2018 Start early bird registration
- April 15, 2019: Deadline for abstract submission
- April 15, 2019: Deadline for early bird registration
- May 15, 2019: Notification of acceptance for abstract submission
- May 31, 2019: Deadline for standard registration
- June 30, 2019: Deadline for late registration
- August 26, 2019: Pre-conference workshops
- August 27-29, 2019: IFCS-2019 conference
Publications Related to the Conference
We are planning to publish a post-conference proceedings. The tentative schedule is as follows:
- October 15, 2019: Deadline manuscript submission
- December 15, 2019: Notification of acceptance
- February 15, 2020: Deadline revised manuscript submission
- June 15, 2020: Publication and shipment
until May 15, 2019
after May 15, 2019
|IFCS Societies Member*||260,00 €||300,00 €||340,00€|
|Non-Member||340,00 €||380,00 €||420,00€|
|Student||150,00 €||150,00 €||150,00€|
* IASC members are entitled to IFCS societies members reduced fees
Theodore Chadjipantelis, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, School of Political Sciences,
University Campus, 54625, Thessaloniki, Greece
Further Information can be found on the conference website and the conference flyer.
Submission of Abstracts
Titles and abstracts should be submitted and uploaded via the conference
website (http://www.ifcs2019.gr) by 15 April 2019.
We look forward to seeing you in Thessaloniki in August 2019.